Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Lord is there

One of the covenant names given to the people of God in the Old Testament was Jehovah Shammah. This name was revealed in Ezekiel chapter 48, verse 35. The meaning is "The Lord is there." I am encouraged to write this morning to remind you that no matter what battles you are facing, or what you may be presently going through, the Lord is there. He has promised to never leave you, nor forsake you. (Hebrews 13:5) We could also define Jehovah Shammah as meaning "the Lord is here."

My wife has a song played as her ring tone on her cell phone. It is one of my favorites, called "Rescue." The line that comes to my mind, and the one you hear on her phone, is "I need you Jesus, come to my rescue, where else can I go?" I am reminded today that with Jesus on your side, you can make it through any crisis. You can overcome any obstacle. You can rise above adversity. If the Lord is there, or here, you can make it.

Prayer is vital in our lives. Call on the Lord. Summons him into your life, home, family, workplace, your daily walk. Lean on him.

No comments: