Friday, June 19, 2009

I will be preaching this Sunday in Ohio...

If you are a member of my family or church and you read this, you will probably be a little shocked. The title to the blog is somewhat of a "tease" like they do in TV when they are telling you what is coming up, and get you to stay tuned past the commercial.

The fact is, I am not preaching this Sunday anywhere. I am going to be out of town on family vacation. It is one of the rare times I am away from my pulpit on Sunday morning. Even though we plan a trip of this kind with our family annually, I usually do not travel with them, but wait until after Sunday morning service.

Vacations are fun times, aren't they? I have looked forward to this time to get away and relax. I don't want to leave the impression with some of my church family who may read this blog-- I really am not trying to get away from them. I just want to get away, period. The fact is, I enjoy being in ministry, and love the people the Lord has given me. I love preaching and worshiping the Lord, and I love the fellowship and fun times. Trish and I enjoy the opportunities to connect and build our relationships. In fact, she is planning a beach retreat in the fall with the ladies of the church.

I will not be preaching this Sunday. I will not be in a pulpit in a church in Ohio. But I will be there, sort of. I have mentioned several times the value of networking, as in Face Book and Twitter. A pastor whom I have connected with on Twitter asked if anyone had a good father's day sermon. I responded with the thought and scripture. It is one I have used in the past. He responded back and said that the Lord had put some things in his heart, and that my response was just what he needed. He would take the scripture, title, and thought I had given him and tie it into what the Lord had put in his heart. Essentially, the Lord used me to just fill in the pieces of what the Ohio pastor had. So when he gets up on Sunday morning and shares, the value of what the Lord has given me will come through... at a church in Ohio that I have never been, through a pastor I have never personally met.

No, I'm not bragging. I just stand in awe of the things God can use. That's why I write, blog, tweet, and post on facebook. God can take the things inside of you and use them to reach the world. I encourage you to share the good things of God. I encourage you to let your light shine!

Blessings!

No comments: