Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thinking about dad and mom

A year ago today my dad had surgery for cancer. He began to go downhill after the surgery, and passed away March 30. As Father's Day approaches, I find myself thinking more about him. It will be my first Father's Day without daddy. It will also be the wedding anniversary of mom and dad. Mom got a bee sting today which caused a breakout and swelling. She was admitted in the Emergency Room at the hospital, and had to stay a couple of hours for treatment.

Living and dying are a part of our cycle. We all face burying our loved ones. I know I am not alone in this journey. God is my strength.

I came home today from attending our church Kid's Camp with excitement about the past few days with the children. My joy is somewhat tempered by my reflections of the family.

No comments: