Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Don't Poop on My Parade

I often get my thoughts through various experiences of life. Such is the case today. I am sitting outside of my camper at Ocean Lakes, just outside of Myrtle Beach, SC. It is one of the most enjoyable and relaxing things we do. We absolutely love the opportunity to get away, even if just for a few days.

I set up a little tent outside the camper for extra space, just in case it would be needed. Next to the tent is our vehicle. I glance over at the tent, and notice there is bird poop all over it. Looking beyond to the Tahoe, I see bird poop all over the side of it, as well. In fact, upon further investigation, there is bird mess on the door panel (the window was down) and inside the doorway to the tent. Directly above is a power line. Several birds are there as I look up.

The birds remind me of life. There are times when in the midst of our enjoyment, something messy happens. Some stink occurs. It is not due to a fault or anything we have done, it just happens. It was caused by another. And it will need to be cleaned up by you. You didn't do it, you didn't cause it, but if it gets clean, you will be the one to clean it. I remember last year during our vacation time. When I returned home, I had to deal with several "messy" situations in the church I pastor. None of which were due to something I had done. And I will admit, I have made more than my share of problems, lol. But isn't it like the devil to try to steal your joy and peace, and often times just after, or during, your blessing!

I wrote a little poem. It is just a humorous attempt on my part to make light of what is going to be some scrubbing on the tent and car. Here goes:

"Birdie, birdie, up so far.
Why'd you do this on my car?
On my brand new camping tent,
And even inside your stinky went.
They parked my camper beside the power line,
Otherwise, all would be fine.
I'm on vacation
For planned relaxation,
Instead this vexation.
Here I am stressing
Because of your messing."

Has your parade, er uh, vacation ever been pooped on? Like me, you have more than likely faced times when things happened that were not of your doing, and it got dirty and messy. Maybe like myself, you wanted the bird that caused the mess to clean it up, but you knew it wasn't going to happen. I'm just here to tell you to move on. Clean up the mess. It's life. It happens. Get over it.

Y'all be blessed!

No comments: