Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Someone's crazy about you!


She called me a few minutes ago. When I saw the name on my cell phone, and the picture assigned to it, my heart leaped. It was my wife. After 41 years of marriage, and a year and a half of dating, I still get excited when I see her face, and hear her voice! The years and hardships haven't weakened our love, they have strengthened it. I am a blessed man!

The call wasn't about anything in particular. There was nothing romantic or exciting about the conversation. She had to run some errands, and was letting me know... It was just a simple phone call. Just a voice. Just a picture of a face. But it was hers. That sweet and pretty girl from Cliffside that I fell in love with years ago.

After our brief conversation that lasted no more than two or three minutes, I hung up the phone, and began reflecting about the call, and my reaction. And the thought came to me about love-- and God's love for us. Can you imagine how much He loves us? I think God gets excited when we communicate with Him, when we get excited about seeing and hearing from Him. He takes pleasure in our presence, in our voice, in our love for Him.

I challenge you today to fall in love again. Fall in love again with the girl, the boy, you fell in love with and married. And fall in love with God again. Come back to your first love. Get back in church. God's waiting for your call.

He's crazy about you!

8 comments:

Alisa in Wonderland said...

It's a very inspirational post.

Suzy said...

I was so sad when I saw some of the posts on your blog. Please know that your post really tugged at my heart. I felt God speaking through your message here.

Thanks for being faithful. Thanks for being faithful to my one True Love when I haven't always been faithful to Him. God bless you and your ministry.

I hope you start blogging again. If you do, let me know.

High School Diploma Online said...

Great blog and post, keep it up i will be subscribing to your feed!

Kami Satterlee said...

Came across your blog. I was born LDS and have since fallen away from the church. I love people who just tell it like it is and your posts really hit home. Thank you:)

Anonymous said...

I have been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or
blog posts in this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this web site.

Studying this info So i am satisfied to express that I've an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I most certainly will make sure to do not forget this site and give it a glance on a continuing basis.
Also see my web site: click through the next website

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog that's
both equally educative and interesting, and without a doubt,
you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is an issue that too few folks are speaking intelligently about. I'm very happy that
I found this in my hunt for something concerning this.


My homepage trademark brand
My website > how to register a brand name in usa,how to register a trademark,how to trademark a name,trademark attorney cost,Trademark office,trademark brand,filing a trademark online,how to file a trademark online,online trademark filing,file trademark,registering an online business,register domain name,trademark domain name,trademark your business name,trade marking a name,cheap trademark,register a logo,register brand name,brand protection,trademark attorney,trademark attorney new york,trademark attorney new jersey,trademark attorney orange county,trademark attorney chicago

anas said...

Very nice post. and Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

This truly brought a tear to my eye and brought me hope.