Thursday, February 11, 2010

A sloppy wet kiss

I love the song by Kim Walker, "Oh how he loves us." It is a beautiful description of the love of Jesus for us. One of the lines in the song says "heaven meets earth like a passionate kiss." In one of the versions of it, Kim substitutes the words "passionate kiss" for "sloppy wet kiss." Wow, what a thought! Christ's love for us is a passionate love, a deep love, a fervent love, and an exciting love!

An image comes to my mind of my grandson's chocolate lab. His name is Buster. Buster has never met a person he does not admire. If you speak to him, he gets excited. I bought him as a 4 week old pup for Zach's fourth birthday, and in a couple of weeks, Zach will turn six. Buster just turned two. He loves to ride- in the back of trucks, on the golf cart, or in our Camaro convertible (when the weather is warm enough.) I remember the time a member of my church came over. It was a warm day, and we decided we would take Buster for a ride in the convertible. I opened the door, Buster jumped in the back seat awaiting his ride. We began going down the road when Randy Brown, my church member-friend decided he was going to talk to Buster. He turned his head sideways to speak to the dog. Wrong move. Buster planted a "sloppy wet kiss on him."

We are here at Valentine week. I just wanted to remind you that you are loved... God loves you with an incredible love. When you turn to Him, get ready to be kissed with the kiss of heaven!

No comments: