Monday, March 8, 2010

I see a cloud

I think I see a cloud on the horizon. I am not a meteorologist by any means, and I am not attempting to predict the weather. What I am, however is someone who has been around long enough to see and experience the rain of God. In church life, we often call it revival.

However, I am somewhat hesitant to use that term. It has been overused and abused. Revival has long been used to describe a series of services in which there may have been no real revival at all. The very word defined means to bring back to life, to resurrect, to live again. I am sensing that among us. I know all too well that the church can cut off what God wants to do. Our hunger, our response, our obedience, all have a part in whether this current wave of the Holy Spirit continues. That's the feeling I have this today as I reflect on our time of worship yesterday.

For the church family of New Harvest Church, of which I am pastor, I want to speak directly to you. For others who occasionally read my posts, I want to say that I believe God wants to send a fresh outpouring to everyone. What is going on here locally is not something that God is not initiating in other areas. For the last several weeks our services have been awesome. The presence of the Lord has moved, lives have been touched. Hearts are stirred. Lives are getting saved, changed, renewed, filled, healed, set free!

I am reminded of the scripture where Elijah prophesied the coming rain. The drought would be over, there was coming a deluge. He sent his servant to go to the designated point to see, and then come back with a report. The first response was that there was nothing. Elijah instructed him to go seven times. On the seventh occasion, the servant returned with the word that a small cloud was on the horizon. Elijah knew this was the beginning of the coming downpour.

We don't have the downpour just yet. But I do see a cloud lingering over us. Get ready. It's close!

No comments: