Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Too transparent

I am a conversationalist. I love to connect, talk, relate. Sometimes I am too transparent. When my blood pressure shot up yesterday, I posted about it last night on Twitter and Facebook. I frankly was a little afraid (I know I am not supposed to give in to fear), and really just wanted prayer.

Well, in just a few minutes on the Facebook sight, there were comments, scriptures, and prayers. And as I said, my purpose was to get some prayers coming my way. That happened, but something else did, as well. My daughter had been looking in on my facebook post, but never commented. After about 15 minutes or so of my comment, she called her mom. Trish was setting on the couch, I was in the recliner. I had not said anything about what I had done, really hadn't thought anything about it. We were watching TV together, and I generally tend to have the computer in my lap doing something. So Trish didn't expect anything, and I wasn't thinking.

That is, until the call. I knew immediately when Trish looked at me, and I overheard her saying something to our daughter that she didn't know what I had done. Ooops. In my attempt to get some prayers going, I didn't just ask for prayers. I made the statement that my blood pressure was dangerously high. (It was)

I took down the post in the midst of the prayers, scriptures, advice, and conversations. Did so without explanation. Once again, I had done it... too much information.

Ok, so here's the deal: I appreciate all of your prayers. As a matter of fact, I covet them. In the meantime, I have got to get myself on an exercise and diet plan that will reduce some of the affects of my being out of shape has on my body.

Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement. God bless!!

No comments: