Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pandemonium

The controversy resulting from the new health care is causing widespread pandemonium out there! If you are not alarmed by the policy itself, you will probably be so by all the talk and reactions regarding it. Alarmists are spewing the evils of the bill, extremists are attacking homes and offices of people and their families who were linked to its passing.

And the church, for the most part, has gone hysterical. I remember the Y2K hysteria, and I believe this is worse! The church world, for a large part, acted like the world was going to end at the ticking of the clock at midnight. Now the same type fear is being carried through the pulpits, social media, and the market place.

Excuse me. I am a little old fashioned. I am old school. And I don't mean to make light of your concerns, and yes, I believe we should support certain policies, and oppose others. But forgive me if I seem to make light of your concerns. I seldom comment on facebook, twitter, or my blog about politics. I also seldom comment about religion. I am a fan of neither.

What I do believe, however, is that there is a KING who exists, and operates in his kingdom! I believe the rule and reign of God is greater than the failed policies of man. I believe God can turn the king's head, can turn things on a dime.

So, I'm sorry if I don't sign up for your petition. I won't be joining your "let's run and hide in fear" club. But I will join you for some praise... some prayer... some faith.

No pandemonium here. I've been called to the kingdom for such a time as this!

No comments: