Friday, March 4, 2011

DON'T SWITCH THE COFFEE

I like my coffee! I enjoy the smell and the taste of a fresh cup. I don't want anything in my coffee. No flavors, please. Also no cream, and no sugar. I like it black, extra strong. And I have a particular brand and blend that I prefer the most. It is Millstone Columbian Supreme.

I generally buy a pound from the local Wal Mart. I grind it up there, espresso grind. The coffee will last between a week to two weeks. I drink a couple of cups in the morning, and maybe a cup or two later in the day. And when company or guests come over, I often put on a pot.

Wal Mart has probably a dozen or so blends of Millstone coffee from which to choose. On occasion they are out of my favorite, Columbian Supreme, so I have to pick another blend. And about once a quarter, someone pulls the "coffee switch." I am not sure if it is on purpose, or by accident. I just know that I know my coffee. And I know when it isn't my favorite blend. As a matter of fact, I can pretty much tell you what they switch it with-- breakfast blend. I know this because when they have been out of my favorite, that has been my next choice. But it is not my preference.

I just put on a fresh pot this morning. Yes, they have done it again. It was labeled Columbian Supreme, but it isn't. It doesn't have the rich aroma, the taste that I crave. It is a substitute, a replacement. I suppose the stocker of the coffee thinks we will never know. Oh, but I know. I know my coffee. And I know what isn't my coffee.

Which leads me to my real point today-- Don't we often substitute for the real move of God. We bring in imitations, copies. Something that looks close like. Yet it isn't the real. We ran out of the real, so we offer what we've got. And it just isn't the same.

Signing off... craving a cup of real Columbian Supreme.... and a real move of God!

No comments: