Thursday, August 7, 2008

JESUS IS THE ANWSER

The above slogan is posted on a church sign near my house. It has been on the marquee sign for about a year now. When the letters were first put on the sign, I assumed whoever was responsible for lettering it would catch their mistake... or, that someone in the church would notify the proper church sign authorities, and get it corrected.

I'm sure you know, but just in case, I will tell you-- the sign is mispelled. Jesus is not the anwser(not an English word), he is the answer. I'm a stickler for spelling. Occasionally I will mispell something, but it usually is in haste or a typo. And, I have watched daily as I pass by, thinking the sign will be changed, but it remains the same.

By the way, the sign may be mispelled, but the church with the said sign definitely has the answer, or as they say, the anwser. The church is growing, has great outreach ministries, and is alive and well in the community. It is evident that the place is on fire for Jesus!

It reminds me of a story I remember reading years ago. I googled it to try to find it, but couldn't. The essence of it was someone who had written a letter in a work place full of mispelled words. As well as I remember, the story went on about someone correcting all the mispelled words... then the owner of the business came by, saw what was going on, and with some mispelled words of his own, finished by saying, the object here is to sell, not spell. Bottom line, that should be what we are doing in the kingdom. We don't have to have it all together, and put on a professional type presentation. Our objective should always be to magnify Christ. After all, remember...

JESUS IS THE ANWSER :)

Blessings,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: