Saturday, August 9, 2008

PRESENCE OR PRESENTS

We often think of two types of people in the church: Those who want the Lord's presence, and those who want His presents. To want the presents of the Lord is viewed by some as being childish and spiritually immature. I have agreed, in part, to this thought. I don't want to be someone who is only after what I can get from Him. I want HIM!

And so, of the two, we understand that the divine presence of the Lord is more valuable. Who He is, is greater than what He gives or does. And so, we should seek after His face and not His hand. I want to be a pursuer of the Lord, and not just the stuff.

However, you don't have to seperate the two. The presents of the Lord are not in violation of the presence of the Lord. God gives unto us graciously and bountifully of His blessings. It is the Father's good pleasure to give to us the kingdom. The scripture says how much more the heavenly father will give unto us... on an on, the scriptures relate the image of God who rewards us with both His presence and His presents.

Those near me receive both my presence and my presents. I lavishly bless them with all I have and am to what measure I am able. I am limited in my abilities to bless, but the Father is not. I encourage you today to get His presence AND His presents!

Be blessed,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: