Friday, August 29, 2008

RANDOM RAMBLINGS...

I watched a little of the speech last night from Senator Obama, at the Democratic Presidential Convention. I had not watched any of it prior to this, and I had missed the interview of he and Senator McCain last week by Rick Warren. I try to stay out of the political thing in the church, although I believe we all should vote. I have had some problems with both sides in regards to their platform, and have expressed that to those who have asked me. I was somewhat stirred by the promises of hope for better things in the speech last night. He almost had me, until he spoke of the gay rights and abortion stance. It makes it difficult to turn your head to those things we view as being in opposition to the word of God. On the other hand, there are injustices which the Republicans do not seem to address. So I have decided at this point to remain undecided.

Have you ever had those times when you wish you could have a do over? I have them on numerous occasions. You say something that you wish you hadn't said. Insert foot in mouth. You try to take it back, only to realize you are probably making it worse! I did that the other night, and embarrassed a young lady, and myself as well. I am reminded that God uses imperfect people.

Fay was a little storm with a big impact. It never made it to hurricane status, but it did a lot of damage. It was a slow mover, and it whalloped Florida three or four times before moving out. Now, another one is coming-- Gustav. This is supposed to be a big one, and it may hit New Orleans. It's been three years since Katrina, and they still haven't recovered.

I saw the sad picture of Meth last night. What is does to a life is horrific. I know God can deliver, and we are praying that He will move. To the one who visited our home, I want to saytThank you for coming, and allowing us to pray. God has put within you dreams that He can fulfill.

I know some of you are battling physically, spiritually, emotionally, and mentally. Some of you have relationship problems. Some have received bad news from the doctor. God has the last say, and He can heal you, deliver you, and make a way. We are standing with you and for you in prayer. I spoke Wednesday night on praying breakthrough prayers. That's what we are believing for in your life- breakthrough!

Thanks for reading my blogs. I appreciate the comments you give me.

Y'all be blessed,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: