Tuesday, September 9, 2008

GETTIN' EXCITED


My 4 year old grandson, Zach, just called me. The circus has come to town, and he went to this evening's showing. Samuel (an "adopted" grandson) from our church also went, and I think his sister Sydney Grace went, as well. The phone rung, and Zach was talking faster than I could listen. He was telling me things he saw, the animals, the flying trapeeze, etc. He told me about the bank robbers stealing gold, and the sheriff catching them. This went on for several minutes, and then he told me, "there was a man there eating fire, and there wasn't any marshmallows". Wow, eating fire without marshmallows! That must have been something to see. The excitement in the boy's voice (my nickname for him -"the boy") was stirring me, and I regretted missing the event of the circus. Zachary spoke for what seemed like 10 minutes to me on the phone before he asked to speak to maw maw. Usually he will speak to me for a couple of minutes and then ask to speak to her. I gave Trish the phone, and he told the whole story again.
My last blog was "Oh what a feeling"! This, I guess, is part 2. I want to encourage you to get excited again about life, living, God, family, friends, fun events. Jesus said "I am come that you might have life and have it more abundantly". (John 10:10) That means have it to the full, overflowing.
I know some of you are facing some difficult things, and I can't imagine the pain you are facing. But I want to encourage you to get excited about coming out of it. Imagine yourself well, free, on the mend, back in the routine of life. And, until then, hold on in faith. In the Philippian jail, Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises unto God (Acts 16). In your most difficult place, try prayer power-- it works. And put your praise on! Get excited, and see what God will do.
Gotta go... I feel like eatin' some fire, without the marshmallows!
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: