Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'M LOSING TEN GRAND





I'm losing ten thousand dollars... and so are you. That is, if the proposed bail out goes through. The economic experts tell us we cannot afford NOT to go through with it. They say the consequences of failure to act will result in the possibility of another great depression. We've actually already lost some money, so the ten grand is on top of that. The buyout of the AIG insurance deal cost the U.S. taxpayer $425. $10,425.00 is a hunk of change for us little folks.

I want to know where these "experts" have been hiding. I guess in their luxurious ocean front homes in Barbados or somewhere. They surely haven't been living here in the real world. Say it fast, say it slow. Say it any way you want to. Ten thousand dollars added to a household struggling to make ends meet is too much. No, I don't have all the facts, and no, I am not an economic expert. This may be the solution, I don't know. I do hope the politicians of both parties will get together and work towards a solution we can live with.

In Rutherford County, we just had another plant close down of 470 jobs. Those paychecks created other jobs in the community. They are gone. As I said in my prior blog, this effects everyone around them. I didn't lose a job, but I will lose some tithes and offerings, which is how the church operates. No, it's not about me, but it does affect me- and it affects you, too.

Ten thousand... boy, I sure could use the money I just lost. There goes that Harley I was wanting. Or that vacation to Hawaii. Or pay some bills off. Maybe buy some gas... Have you ever seen one of those programs where they light money with a match? That's what I feel I've done. I've just torched ten one thousand dollar bills. It went so fast I didn't even see it.

This is for our own good, they say. Like, eat your spinach. It will help you build muscles. I never ate a spinach I liked.. not spinach casserole, not spinach anything. For your own good. Like the whippin' you got as a child. You will appreciate this later, they said. I never remember the later when I appreciated a good spanking, although I did pass some of those kind of blessings on to my own kids. But I do realize now that the whippings were to bring about discipline in my life, which helped me make right decisions. So I guess this ten grand spinach/whippin' is working in us a greater glory.

My ten thousand dollars I just lost that I never got to hold will help Wall Street, which will help us all. OK, so now I am for it. I believe in kickin in my part. What's ten thousand to someone like you and me? We'll never miss it :)

Obama's health care program just got kicked to the curb. It may not have happened anyway, but the likelihood is greatly reduced now. He has already admitted that if he is elected, some of the things he has proposed will probably be put on hold.

Hallelujah, anyhow! In spite of this mess, we're gonna make it. Hang in, hold on, we shall survive.

On the serious side, our economy needs a jolt, and is in danger of meltdown. Although this is way over my head, I understand that something has to be done. At this moment the politicians are trying to figure out if they can work out a deal. Like me, thousands of Americans are concerned about spending 700 billion to 1 trillion dollars on bad deals made by greedy companies. This blog is a light hearted jest, but all of us realize drastic steps must be taken

Blessings,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: