Monday, September 8, 2008

OH WHAT A FEELING!


I remember the Toyota commercial of a few years back which contained the expression, "Oh, what a feeling"! It was used to descibe the excitement of purchasing a new Toyota. The image in my mind is of people leaping in the air, suspended between heaven and earth with their hands lifted up.


It's Monday morning as I write this blog. Monday is the day most pastors typically quit, die, give up the ghost. (I am a pastor, I know of this personally). You are tired mentally, physically, and spiritually, and you need a break. But today, I am thinking, "Oh, what a feeling"!


I understand our Christian experience is not based on feelings. It is based on faith. But I do appreciate the exhiliration of the presence of the Lord. We had an awesome service yesterday. I say that, not based on any particular thing. Although yesterday (second Sunday of September) is stated to be the highest attendance day of the church, we had some empty seats. And it wasn't based on a great offering, or anything in particular. The singing and music was anointed, we had people praying and seeking the Lord, but all of that is pretty routine for our people- for the most part they have a heart after God. My "feeling" is based on what is going on inside of me, and in the church. I remember hearing some time back someone say, and I've repeated it, "life is not about what happens to you, it is what about happens in you". And lately I have been praying for God to work in me, whatever He wants.


The result is that I am sensing a new and fresh anointing on me, and as a result, on the services. And I understand that I am not the only one seeking the Lord, there are others. There is a corporate hunger for more of Christ. We are studying in our midweek services about intimacy with God. Like the Apostle Paul, I want to know him, that is, to become more intimate with him, and to take out of that relationship an experience that will touch the world.


Oh, what a feeling. And it isn't Toyota, it's God!


Blessings,

Pastor Ronnie


No comments: