Monday, September 22, 2008

HAVE A HUG ON ME


I LOVE YOU
Just three little words. Yet, we sometimes have difficulty saying it or expressing it. Especially men, it seems. I've noticed in our church daycare, it is expressed regularly. Our teachers express it to the children, the children to the teachers and directors, and the staff to one another. A teacher will be leaving her shift, and will say "I love you." And, truth is, they don't just say the words, they live them. They actually enjoy the workplace, the kids, and each other. I went by one evening last week, and there sat a former teacher. She had left, with our blessings, to take another job that paid her considerably more. But it seems she comes by regularly, sometimes before work, and sometimes after work. She misses the kids, misses the teachers, misses us. Making more money, but something is missing... Love is a strange thing, isn't it?


I was talking to my dad the other day on the phone. It was apparent our conversation was ending, and he said, "I love you." I know he does, but is sounded rather strange, coming from him. The fact is, my wife tells me that I don't say those words enough to my kids, or to my family.


I don't want to miss the opportunity to encourage someone with love. I know life is too short, things are changing, and there are things we take for granted. Someone needs your encouragement, your smile, your friendship. Someone needs you to take their hand and hold them, to carry their groceries, or to prepare them a meal. Someone today needs your prayers, and needs your gift.


If you haven't said it today, say it now. If you haven't shown it, do so now. Love is an act. If you haven't had a hug, hug yourself, and accept it as being from me.
Love and Hugs from us,
Pastors Ronnie and Trish

No comments: