Tuesday, September 2, 2008

LIVE LIFE WITH AN EXPLANATION POINT!!

I am not only the pastor of the church, I am editor and writer of our weekly newsletter. It comes in a bulletin form, but I call it a newsletter because it doesn't contain the established church bulletin format.. i.e., songs, prayer, sermon, etc. Rather, it contains four pages of information about the church, and what is going on. Within the pages you can find a welcome to visitors, kids and youth announcements, outreach, and other things pertinent to church life.

I was preparing the newsletter the other day when I noticed that there were exclamation points everywhere. Welcome Visitors! Exciting Kids Church! Anointed Praise and Worship! Those weren't necessarily where every !! exclamation point was, but you get the idea. There were half a dozen or so in the publication, and I remembered an episode of Seinfield a number of years ago. Elaine was writing a story or something, and she had put exclamation points everwhere. When she was being critiqued, she was told at every exclamation she was talking loud, shouting. In some places where it didn't need to be.

I want to live life shouting today. I want to live it to the full, as Jesus told us to do. My desire is to have his joy inside of me, and to allow his live to be seen through me. Instead of living with fear, regret, worry, or doubt, I want to live life wide open.

Stop living with a question mark. You are here for a reason. God has made you unique. You are a one of a kind, God design. Put the pedal to the medal. Life and enjoy life.

LIVE WITH AN EXCLAMATION POINT!!!

Y'all be blessed

No comments: