Monday, February 2, 2009

THE HOLY GHOST FELL ON US!

Wow, what an awesome service we had yesterday. It was one of those where the Spirit of the Lord takes over, and you just get out of the way. I have been hungry for God. Our services are usually filled with the presence of the Lord, and rarely am I disappointed. We have a great worship team, great leaders, and a good church. Trish and I are blessed to be in leadership over a wonderful group of people. Yes, the services are pretty awesome.

But yesterday was more so. I have had a feeling that God is wanting to do more. I really believe we are on the verge of revival. The church is growing, people are getting saved and set free. In yesterday's service, several of our teens were in or near the altar seeking the Lord. it was one of those intense times of just crying out to Him. The worship team was singing, and the presence of God was strong. One of the young ladies (I think about 14 years of age) received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. It was awesome! This precious teenager has a heart for God, and she got filled up. I had prayed with her, but was not around her when she released the language of the Spirit. Later, she got my attention and told me what had happened. As she told the story, I remembered back 22 years earlier when this girl's grandmother had come to me asking about the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. She was from a Baptist background, and wanted to know about this and the subject of speaking in tongues. It was only a few days later that she received the infilling.

I am glad to report that God is the same today as he was back then. What an awesome God we serve!

No comments: