Sunday, February 15, 2009

WOW, WHAT A KISS!

Thirty five thousand people gathered in Mexico City on Valentine's Day to engage in a simultaneous kiss which broke the Guinness World Record. The kissers had to pucker up and hold for one minute in order to accomplish the feat. The event brought world exposure as the cameras flashed as lips locked.

The staged kisses set a record, but I doubt they had any significance to the kissers involved. And I understand that kisses can mean different things, depending on who and what is involved. I occasionally kiss the children at church, and have even been known to kiss a spiritual son or daughter on the head. I don't know exactly why I do it, but I usually do so in a special moment of prayer or impartation. There is the kiss on the cheek that I gave to a woman in El Salvador once when I was preaching. I hadn't planned it, but was preaching on the scripture where the woman anointed the feet of Jesus, and he told Simon, "you gave me no kiss." I got caught up in the moment and the spirit and kissed a nearby woman on the cheek, and kept on preaching. I didn't realize until after the service that she fell out in the spirit the moment I did so.

There's the kiss of a child, the kiss of a dog, the friendship kiss. But then there is something more... yeah, you know what I'm talking about-- THAT kind of kiss!

THAT kind of kiss is the intimate moment between two individuals who are madly in love. It should be special. The moment should have impact. I still get the feeling of the fire inside of me when I kiss my wife. We are not joined by 35,000 others, but we are joined by an abiding love that hell and adversity has not seperated in 38 years of marriage.

As great as the kiss is that I describe between a husband and a wife, there is another kiss that I want to speak of. It is available to you today. No matter what you've done, where you've been, what you've gone through. When God sent His only Son to earth to die on the cross, it was for YOU. HEAVEN REACHED DOWN AND KISSED THE EARTH!

Heaven's kiss is awaiting you. Have you received it? I did, many years ago. And you know what, this morning at church, I got kissed by God again. I got touched by His love. And as I write this blog in my living room tonight, He just gave me another one.

Here--- I'm going to pass it on to you. Have a kiss on me!

No comments: