Sunday, March 15, 2009

Worth the investment

It has been a very busy time for us since the first of the year. Ministry duties have pulled on me. In addition, there has been much work going on at the church. When small town churches take on additional responsibilities, often some of those duties fall on the pastor and his wife. I am not complaining in stating this. It is encouraging to see lives being changed. It is a blessing to see growth. And, although some projects we have taken on have taken more time and energy than I originally estimated, I am glad we have done so.

From time to time I tend to pull back and evaluate my efforts. I don't want to be spinning my wheels and not getting anything accomplished. At my age, I don't want to expend energy in areas that are not productive. And so the process goes on, at least in my mind. Is this venture worth the funds, resources, and energy it takes? Are the results there that support what we are doing?

And so, here I am in Mid March, thinking. It is Sunday afternoon. Spiritually, I am pumped! Mentally and physically, I am exhausted and drained. I need a break, a retreat. I have neither the time nor the funds to take it. Is what we're doing worth the investment?

Yeah, the kids are worth it. Yes, the youth program is worth it. Cut the outreach? Don't worry about feeding the hungry in our community? Forget about missions? No, they are worth it. When I think of every area, I don't see anything that I want to pull back on. I awoke this morning at 5 AM with a fresh mandate and a new challenge of outreach. No, we're not pulling back.

Its worth the investment. Being visible and active in the local community is what we are called to do. YOU are worth the investment. As long as I am alive, I intend to pour my heart into blessing, encouraging, and stirring you.

Love and Prayers,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: