Sunday, March 8, 2009

Wow, what a God!

We had a young man preach at New Harvest Church this morning. His name is Daniel Ross. He brought a great word on training ourselves to hear and discern the voice of the Lord. It was a simple and yet profound message. What I mean by that is that it was easy to understand and get hold of, and yet a very challenging word. As I sat and listened intently, I was reminded of the Lord that I need to tune all other voices out and allow Him to speak clearly.

Daniel is a man who is on fire for God. He has a call and mandate on his life to reach the nations of the earth. He, along with his brother Dakota, are leaving for Malaysia next month. They are serving under the covering of Global Missions Training, with Apostle Irvin Rutherford.

As I heard Daniel tell his story, I realized he should be a statistic. Dealing drugs, flunking school, locked up in jail... His teen years were not exactly the material you look for when you are placing a mantle of leadership to reach the nations of the world. But it's just like God to choose the foolishness of the world to confound the wise, the weak to confound the mighty. When I look at and listen to the young man, I would not know that any of the things just said applied to him. He has the appearance, demeanor, and character of someone who has it all together.

Wow... it must be God. It reminds me of something I heard years ago, I think it was from Mike Shreve. It went something like this. If you leave the service saying, Wow, what a sermon, I have failed. All I did was impress you. But if you leave saying, What a God, then I have accomplished my purpose.

We heard a great sermon today. But the lingering thing in my spirit is not how much I was impressed with the messenger. It is this-- WOW, WHAT A GOD!

No comments: