Saturday, March 28, 2009

I HATE CANCER

Sorry, I need to vent a little. I try to stay positive on my blogs. I realize there is enough bad news in the world. I generally want to encourage and bless. And I haven't intended to say anything right now. This week has been a rough one for me. I will explain...

I hate cancer. I will get a little more plain. Cancer is hell. My grandfather died with it. My mother in law died with it. My son in law has battled it for four years. Last June we found out my dad had cancer. After treatments and surgery, the reports were positive. Cancer gone, dad would probably die from old age before he would from cancer. But complications arose in January, and he has gone steadily downhill since February.

He has been unable to eat for a couple of weeks now. Insure was given, but he could not take but one or two a day. Back in the hospital on Tuesday. On Thursday we got the word, the cancer has returned. The doctor said they can do no more. This morning we were told it would be very soon.

Sitting in a hospital room watching mom hold his hand and rub his head. Watching my siblings talk to daddy and attempt to get a response. Same with grand kids and great grand kids. Dad will come home tomorrow, but not because he is better.

I hate cancer.

Thank you for your prayers for us during this time.

2 comments:

Pastor Ronnie Robbins said...

I leave my blogs open so that anyone can post. Occasionally I get responses that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what I have blogged about. Here is another one. Rather than delete and repost the blog, I am leaving it here. "The Prophet" said nothing about the pain I am experiencing with a dying loved one. Also, apparently "The Prophet" doesn't have a real name.

Rebecca said...

My dear friend...

I am so sorry you had to receive a meandering comment that had nothing to do with anything in your life. For that, I apologize on behalf of that unknowing soul.

My heart is aching for you and your family right now. No words of assurance is going to comfort you. Only the loving arms of our Father in heaven will give you hope, assurance and peace that surpasses all understanding.

Is your father saved? If so, then this is the ONLY comfort. That is the only joy for those being left behind. If he is not, then there is stil time -- as long as he had breath in his mortal body -- he can still hear the Gospel.

Death is NOT our friend. It robs us of those we hold dear to us. Again, we will continue to pray for you. To say you are going through the valley is an understatement, but may you be comforted in that knowing that you know that Jesus is right there in that valley with you.

Much love and prayers,
Rebecca and Tim