Monday, July 20, 2009

Dream again

One of the things I have purposed to do in life is encourage people. Whether it be those who I am in direct contact with via family, friends, and church, or those who may read my postings on the church website, blog, or social networking- the desire is to lift up and inspire.

As those close to me know, my son in law has battled lymphoma cancer for the past four years. This past Tuesday, Michael went on to be with Jesus. Needless to say, it has been a difficult season in our lives. He had so much going for him. I could see the call of God on him, and thought he might one day serve in some capacity of pastor.

We had a beautiful service yesterday morning at the church I pastor. In the ministry time at the end of my sermon, several of our church members gathered around to pray for me. I heard one of the ladies asking God to resurrect the dreams inside. When she prayed that, I found myself responding to God that I wanted Him to do that. The pressures of ministry, problems and pains of life, had caught my attention. I need to dream again.

All of us must have time to grieve when we are going through the passing of a loved one. But we must also dream again. My daughter will need to dream again. Pray for us.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Tear came to my eyes when I read this, Pastor Ronnie. May you dream the dreams that God has laid upon your heart -- and may they come to fruition!

Pastor Ronnie Robbins said...

Thanks, Becky, for your kind words. Always enjoy and appreciate your comments, and your blogs