Thursday, July 30, 2009

STILL KICKIN'


Ever feel like you've been knocked down? Situations in life seem overwhelming? If you have experienced those times, or if you are presently going through a stressful situation, you are not alone. Pressures of life happen to everyone. It is not a question of IF, it is a question of HOW we will respond that we need to address.

I'll confess that I have failed at times in the crisis. I have doubted when I should have believed, and complained when I should have praised. Yes, I know what it is to "miss it." And I never want to underestimate the pain of someone else, nor do I want to judge them for their response. The line to an old country music song comes to my mind "Walk a mile in my shoes... before you criticize and accuse." When we have walked in the shoes, or path, that another is walking, we can understand their situation. We are not as likely to judge them as we are to pray for and encourage them when we have done so.

The thing that is stirring in me today is to encourage you. You are a survivor! You are still here. In the midst of the storm, you are still kicking. Yes, you may feel battle scarred and battle weary. You may feel lower than a snake's belly, but you are breathing. You are alive.

Do what David did. Encourage yourself. Pick yourself up. Ask God for help. Believe that He is working for you. Sing a song. Take a walk. Talk to a friend. Attend church. Read your bible. It ain't over, until God says its over, and He hasn't said that.

I know. As they say... "Been there, done that." Yes, I have. And I'm glad to say I'm

STILL KICKIN!

No comments: