Tuesday, April 1, 2008

CHANGING OUR FORMAT AND STYLE



After much thought I've decided to change the format of our Sunday morning worship service. Although I have personally been opposed to this concept since its origination, I have decided to adapt the seeker sensitive philosophy. There's a new church up the road doing it, and I hear people are excited. You can get coffee and donuts and sit there eating and drinking while the service goes on. Right in the middle of the preaching, you can get up and go for a refill.

So beginning next week we're going to have donuts and coffee. I know it wont help this diet I was supposed to go on at the beginning of the year, but that's the sacrifice I need to make. Think of the growth this new concept will bring into us. We have needed a spark, and apparently the donuts and coffee thing is the thing. I haven't decided yet whether to go with Krispy Kreme or Davis' Donuts. For those of you not from this area, you will not know that Davis' Donuts is a local donut shop that is second to none-- not even Krispy Kreme (which is better than Dunkins')

I'll have this decision made by Sunday, and may alternate donuts week by week. We're also going to change our worship style to a low key, non threatening type of thing.

APRIL FOOL!

I hope you have taken the time to read all of this without turning me off. If you know me, you know I am not into the seeker sensitive thing. And while I enjoy my coffee and donuts, I want church to be church-- no interupptions, please. And I want the atmosphere to be Holy Ghost directed. We are not out to please the "seeker". We are out to please God!

I'm not sure where the April Fool's thing originated. I am a practical joker, and thought I would pull this one today.

Y'all be blessed!
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: