Sunday, April 27, 2008

OUR 2008 CAR SHOW WAS A GREAT SUCCESS!


We had our first car, truck, and bike show this past Saturday. I must admit that I was apprehensive about holding such an event. I have been raised around cars all my life, my family being in the business. I am an avid car enthusiast. So, I told the team at the church that if we did this, I wanted it to have a spirit of excellence.

I am proud to say that I think the team accomplished that, and more! We were blessed with good weather, and an awesome display of cars, trucks, and bikes. We have already received numerous compliments regarding the event. From the food served, to the entertaiment, to the games for the kids. It was a great time of fun and fellowship for everyone.

Such an endeavor requires a lot of work, and I am forever indebted to the ones who donated their time, talents, and energy to pull it off. Both the pre-planning, the work leading up to the event, and those serving the day of the event, made for a great car show.

A special thanks to all the sponsors, those who brought their nice vehicles, and everyone who attended. It would not have been successful without you.

Funds raised from this event are being used for some remodeling in our sanctuary, and for finishing our kitchen in the family life center. The event raised over $1,400.

I am in the process of putting some pics up on the church website.

Blessings,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: