Thursday, April 17, 2008

OUCH!

I was waxing eloquent last night, as I taught at the midweek service. I was sharing on the importance of speaking right. I used the scripture where David prayed that the words of his mouth and the meditation of his heart would be acceptable unto the Lord. It was a powerful message, if I do say so myself. I encouraged those in attendance to guard their speech, as words have the power of death or life.

Upon arriving home, my lovely wife, Trish, asked for my notes. Being my best friend and supporter throughout the years, I was thinking that she really enjoyed the sermon, and wanted the notes so that she could study them and train herself to think right and speak right. However, as I was about to give her a copy of my profound teaching, I discovered that she did not want them for her benefit- she wanted them for mine.

I didn't see that one coming! But I should have. I will confess to you that there are times when I don't speak the things that should be spoken. I speak the problem when I should be speaking the solution. I fear when I should exercise faith. And I have done some of that lately. Yeah, she was right. She needs a copy of my notes- for me.

Like a doctor who puts a needle in and injects some medicine, the pain initially hurts. But it is for the purpose of getting you well. And that's what we all want, isn't it?

Y'all be blessed!
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: