Monday, April 21, 2008

WHEN GOD IS SILENT

Ps 28:1-2
To You I will cry, O LORD my Rock:Do not be silent to me,Lest, if You are silent to me,I become like those who go down to the pit. 2 Hear the voice of my supplications When I cry to You,When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary. NKJV

The Psalmist David cried out unto the Lord in prayer, saying, "Lord, don't be silent in my life, or I will go into the pit... Hear my prayers as I cry unto you." Apparently David faced adversities which brought him low (the pit) and experienced the silence of God.

Have you ever prayed, but it seemed as if God did not hear? Have you gone through a situation when it appeared that He didn't care? A friend of Jesus was sick. His name was Lazarus. His sister's names were Mary and Martha. They asked Jesus to come and heal their brother, but he delayed his coming. In the meantime Lazarus died. You and I have read the story and know that Lazarus was raised from the dead. But during the process his family faced a funeral and a loss of a loved one. During the process Lazarus was in much pain. During the process there was much grief and sorrow. It seemed God was silent. He didn't answer.

Have you ever sought counsel in a situation and be advised, "Don't do anything unless you hear from God." I have. But what do you do when you hear no voice? What do you do when there appears to be no answer coming, no revival, no breakthrough. This is what David was saying as he cried unto the Lord.

There are times when God's silence is indeed saying something. I want to be sensitive enough to the dealings of the Spirit and close enough to the heart of God to discern those times.

Prayer: Lord, help us to discern Your voice and Your will. When we can't hear or see, help us to understand. We are Yours, O Lord, and delight to do Your will.

No comments: