Wednesday, January 21, 2009

DON'T GIVE UP


These are tough times. Stress and anxiety seem to be at an all time high. The economic climate of our nation has brought financial difficulties on many. Through my years of ministry, I have seen more marriage failures because of finances than infidelity. I just want to encourage you today to hang in there. You can make it through what you are going through.

I ran into one of my church members this morning at Wal Mart. It was around 6:30 AM, and I am not usually in Wal Mart at that time of day. But I had gone by the church, turned the heat on in my office, and remembered I was out of coffee. I go into the store thinking it is about coffee. However, upon arriving, I decide to go in a different direction than the food aisles. In doing so, I run up on her. She stood there a moment telling about some stress and difficulties, with tears in her eyes. I encouraged her, and walked away praying. I also was thanking God for an opportunity just to be there at the right time, the right place to offer hope and encouragement, and prayer.

I'm reminded of a poem I heard years ago, entitled "Don't Quit." The poem's author is unknown, but it has been repeated and shared countless times through the years. I want to tell you today to hang in there, don't quit. You can survive whatever you're going through... a marriage crisis, sickness, job loss, whatever.

I want to remind you that you are not alone. We are in the battle together. Jesus loves you, and so do I.

Blessings,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: