Saturday, January 10, 2009

The flesh is weak

I sit here at 6:30 am this morning awake. It is Saturday, and I should be snoozing. I am an early riser, but I need to sleep in this morning. It has been a busy, productive, hectic week. I should be resting, but my mind is running as fast as the cars will be at Daytona in a month. So, I stay up. But I am out of coffee. OMG! I need a couple of cups of Columbia Supreme Millstone, ground expresso, extra strong with no sugar.

The week of prayer and fasting has been a week of weak prayer and fasting. The schedule has been too hectic, and some of it is my fault. I need to be able to clear my schedule during these times, but failed to do it this week. Plus Trish, my precious wife, came under physical attack. For about three days she was having some severe chest pains. My fasting and praying turned to some worrying and eating. I continued to fast, but it was at a lesser pace than my plan. (it wasn't a complete fast). Although the week is not over and I continue to press through with some fasting, I feel somewhat under conviction for not sticking to my goal. Wow, the great preacher I am who preached to the church about it has fallen short. Sorry for those of you from my church who read my blogs. Yes, I am human, no I am not Superman.

That's it for today. Y'all have a blessed day, and a blessed weekend.

Pastor Ronnie

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Pastor Ronnie...

I will be praying for your wife. I pray that all will be well with her.

You are an inspiration -- even when you feel you have fallen.

May God bless you, your family, and your church.

Pastor Ronnie Robbins said...

Thanks, Rebecca for the great encouragement. It is timely, and very much appreciated.

Blessings to you and your family, and the church, also.

Pastor Ronnie