Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Good morning, beautiful

I awoke this morning thinking about my wife. She went to bed last night not feeling well. I am hoping she is feeling better this morning. She is still asleep as I write. Trish is the love of my life, the best thing that has ever happened to me outside of Jesus. She is to me a shining example of Christ. Her devotion to him challenges me. She will be embarrassed that I have blogged about her today.

I suppose it was because of my thoughts over her as I sipped on a cup of coffee that the words to an old country music song came to my mind. "She don't know she's beautiful." As with many songs, especially of the country vein, the English isn't correct. But the statement is definitely so. My wife is beautiful in many ways to me.

As my mind continued thinking about this, I began to consider how God thinks of you and I. Throughout the bible, His thoughts toward us are expressed. I love this verse, from the Song of Solomon, chapter two and verse ten: "Arise my darling, my beautiful one..." NIV. As you know, this book is a description of a man and a woman in love, but also of Christ and the church. Yes, we are the beloved of God. He made the sunrise for you today.

No matter what you have done, His love remains. That is reassuring in this world, isn't it? Friends may forsake you. You may have experienced a bitter divorce. You may have been told that you are worthless or ugly. But, you know what? The ONE whose thoughts matter above all else thinks otherwise.

In a few minutes she will arise. I will tell her how beautiful she is. I think God wants me to tell you the same thing today.

Good morning, beautiful!!

No comments: