Thursday, June 19, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUNSHINE

Sunday, June 22, will be the birthday of my best friend. I'm speaking of my beautiful wife, Trish. I know the Lord hand picked her for my life, and could not imagine what it would be like to be without her. We have been married for 37 years now, and we dated for a year and a half. To say that she is my child hood sweetheart is correct. We married young, and have never spent a night apart, other than my being on a missions trip, or a men's retreat, or her something similar.

I''ve called her by different names during the years. Some of the names I've called her have been my pet names for her, and some of them are names attributed to her relationship in the family. With 4 kids, all grown now, I've called her mom. With the addition of a grandchild, I call her maw maw. The pet names have changed through the years. I don't even remember them all. The one that has stuck the last 10 years has been Sunshine. The newest one is Pretty Girl. It is used here at home, from me to her.

Trish is truly a Proverbs 31 woman. Everything I am is linked to her being the blessing she is. She has been a godly wife, a godly mother and influence to our kids and grandkid, and an example to the church.

You may be asking, why blog something so personal? Why not put something on here that everyone can benefit from? My answer is this: We live in a world that places less and less value today on those who serve us and bless us. I wanted to take this time to "give honor unto whom honor is due"...

I love you, Trish, Mom, Maw Maw, Sunshine, Pretty Girl. I hope you have a great birthday and a blessed week.

Thanks for reading my blog. Y'all have a blessed week.
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: