Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'M ABOUT TO G.A.G.

Gotcha, didn't I? If you're like me, your first impression is, "what's making him gag?" But I did not say gag, I said g.a.g. I used an acronym. The initials (at least for my purpose) stand for "Go After God." This is my purpose, and this is my passion... to go after Him.

The Apostle Paul spoke about going for the prize, about a pursuit to lay hold of the One who had hold of him. Paul was like a spiritual madman whose pursuit of Christ and the anointing led him to abandon everything behind him, for this one noble purpose.

I, too, am on a journey. I have been on it for a while now. But, I must confess that there have been times when I drifted from the pursuit. Times when I took for granted my relationship. Times when I allowed the cares of the world to pull me in. I became distracted from the main attraction. But I feel a stirring inside me, and I sense that God is doing it in others also.

Yeah, I have been known to "gag" at things whose taste was obnoxious. I have "gagged" at odorous smells. And spiritually, I have "gagged" at indifference, sin, idolatry, lust, unbelief, unforgiveness... well, you get the idea. These things hold back a church. Jesus basically told the church at Laodecia that He was about to "gag." The word he used was vomit.

My "g.a.g." is to follow after God. David said, "my soul follows hard after thee"... That's it-- I invite you to g.a.g. with me, with prayer, worship, obedience, hunger.

Be blessed,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: