Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Agony of De Feet

A number of years ago, ABC aired a sports show called Wide World of Sports. The show was popular for a number of years. It's slogan was "The thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat".

My blog today is a play on words, "the agony of de feet". A couple of days ago I was moving something into the basement, and hurt one of the heels of my feet. The pain came suddenly, and it was intense. I hobbled around the rest of the evening, and some of yesterday morning, until I finally sensed some relief as the day progressed. I'm not sure exactly what I did, but have learned my lesson from wearing sandals and flip flops while doing manual labor. I'm not as young as I used to be, and not as light. The weight on my feet needs more support, and I learned a valuable lesson: - if the feet aren't strong, the rest of you is not going to be effective.

I want to protect my feet, and I want to protect my walking. What happened to me was painful, but it served as a reminder, both physically and naturally. In the physical sense, I need to take care of myself, and have proper attire for the work involved. In the spiritual sense, the lesson is similar. I need to guard my steps.

I like the thrill of victory... I don't like the agony of de feet :)

Y'all be blessed,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: