Monday, July 7, 2008

SWEET FELLOWSHIP

I wrote a blog a couple of weeks or so ago about fellowship. I want to follow up today on the subject. Yesterday afternoon we had a summer outing. We had the cookout, games, home made ice cream, and swimming. It was a ton of fun. The turnout was great, and everyone seemed to enjoy the time together. The little ones, kids, teens, and adults all had an enjoyable time.

I've said it before, but I want to say it again: Fellowship is important in the church. Times of sitting around, talking, and just having fun is a great way of bonding together. This event is something we usually do a couple of times in the summer, and it always makes Trish and I feel that it is something we need more of.

I appreciate the times of worship together, praying together, and serving in the church. Those are uplifting and life transforming times. We have been having some awesome services. And i would not take anything for that... but the same applies to our fellowship events.

Some people just don't seem to get it. They feel disconnected with the church, as if they don't belong. The same people arrive late and leave early. The same people miss half the services at church, are unpredictable and unaccountable. And they never attend a church function outside of a Sunday service. I feel sorry for them. They are missing the value of forming friendships and relationships they need. They are missing out on a vital connection..

Trish and I are so glad you came to our house. Come back anytime.

Be Blessed,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: