Sunday, July 20, 2008

ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT

I know all the verses, and am aware of the phrases, the confessions, etc. And yet, sometimes I allow myself to speak the problem, and not the solution. I find myself magnifying the troubles, thinking the worst. As a minister of the gospel, I preach just the opposite. But I confess to you that I am not always a positive person.

Joel Osteen, I'm not.. I like Joel. He's got the big grin, the happy looking countenance, and says all the pretty things. Some call it "gospel light" as he preaches a positive gospel. I wish I could be more like him, but I'm not there. Not like him in the "gospel light" stuff, but in the positive outlook, the joy, and the life that flows from him.

Yeah, I know the verses. I've quoted them, preached them, and have at times walked in them. I also know the phrases. Phrases like "your attitude affects your altitude". But it's not enough to know them, we must live them. And living them requires daily commitments to do so. Yes, there will be challenges, tests. There will be opportunities to be negative. But we must choose to stay positive, to believe that God will bring us through every situation. We must keep our minds renewed, and speak life in every situation.

Occasionally I will go through some of my old sermons and resources. I will find some, and think, "Wow, how did I ever get by with preaching that?" I will thank God that I am delivered from the narrow mindedness or whatever may apply in the sermon notes. But then, I will find something that I preached, maybe 10 or 15 years ago, and be moved by it-- it is still fresh. It might stir me and move me, get me to thinking... That's the way it is with this attitude thing.

And so, here I go. Ask me how it's going, and I will tell you, IT IS WELL!

Y'all be blessed,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: