Monday, July 28, 2008

DAVID ENCOURAGED HIMSELF...

I like the scripture where the bible says that David encouraged himself in the Lord. He was going through a major crisis, and even those closest to him had turned on him. The word of God tells us that the situation looked so bleak in the natural that they wept until they had no more power to weep. Shortly afterwards, David's men spoke of stoning him.

Church stonings aren't nice, are they? When people turn on you for no apparent reason. Church splits, bitterness, divisiveness are no place for the child of God. But most of us, if we have been in ministry for a number of years, have been hurt. As a matter of fact, most people who have lived any length at all have been hurt, whether by church folk, or just people in general.

But David encouraged himself. I am blessed by people who encourage me, pray for me, and befriend me. But when no one else comes to my aid, I need to remember that I am never without help. I can encourage myself in the Lord. He is my strength, not man.

I just want to encourage you today to believe in yourself. Or rather, believe in the power of God to work on your behalf. Call on His name. He is a very present help in time of need!

We had an awesome service yesterday. I spoke on Jesus coming to the widow of Nain, and raising up her dead son. Like the story in the bible, Jesus will come to your out of the way place to rescue, redeem, and resurrect you and your broken life. I am encouraged today by the word of God. I want you to be, also.

Vacation Bible School got off to a great start last night! The kids had a great time. Come on out tonight, and bring the kids.

Be blessed,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: