Thursday, July 10, 2008

EMPTY ME...

The last several days I keep on humming the current contemporary christian hit song, "Empty me". The song is being played repeatedly on the stations, as it is currently at the top of the charts. It is sung by Chris Sligh, who was a worship leader in nearby Greenville SC, and who appeared a couple of years ago on American Idol.

Like the words to the song, I have had enough of me. I want more of Him! That sentiment has been echoed through the ages, as man has learned that the road into the Divine fullness is through self emptying. John the Baptist spoke those words of Christ, when he said, "He must increase, I must decrease". One translation said it this way, "There must be more and more of Him, and less and less of me".

I will confess to you that I still see too much of me, and not enough of Christ. I know that the process is a continual one as long as I am in this body of flesh. I also know that it takes discipline to walk that road. You see, being emptied is not a one time thing... it is a continual process that we must walk in daily.

Lord, empty me, so that I can become filled with You!

Y'all be blessed,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: