Monday, July 21, 2008

LET'S WALK


I'm trying to get back in the habit of some things in my life that are healthy for me. That includes a morning walk. I've got a lab dog, and I usually walk him. "Buster" is a handful, and he usually winds up walking me, rather than me walking him. But I have found that walking helps awaken me, loosens my joints and muscles, and makes me feel better. While walking, I take the time to pray. So, it is both a natural and a spiritual exercise.


Not only am I walking physically, I am walking spiritually. The day, and the week, work much better when I take the time to meditate on the word of God, to read some scripture, and have a devotion. If I will take the time to do this before I begin the daily grind, it helps. My mind is renewed, my faith is built, and my heart is stirred. I am disciplining myself to cater to the things of God, and not of the world.


I opened my bible this morning to the book of Lamentations. That is not usually where I begin my meditation. Normally I will go to the book of Psalms or Proverbs, or maybe John. But my bible fell open to Lamentations 3:55-58


"I called upon thy name, O Lord, out of the low dungeon. Thou hast heard my voice: hide not thine ear at my breathing, at my cry. Thou drawest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not. O Lord, thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; thou hast redeemed my life."


Like Solomon of old, I have learned to call upon the Lord when in low places of life. I have found the strength and the help from a God that will draw near and rescue me. His help is available, if we will learn to turn to Him, pray, and trust.


Wow! I'm glad I've had my walk today. I will walk some more as the day progresses. But it's good to get it started off right!


Be blessed,

Pastor Ronnie

No comments: