Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Love always wins


Love will always win out, even when it doesn't look like it. Choose love over hate. When others draw a circle and exclude you, draw a bigger circle of love and include them... the greatest of these is love. Don't get bitter, get better. Choose to forgive. Bitterness poisons you, not your enemy.

The above thoughts were two different things I posted this morning, one on facebook, and the other on twitter. Both of them got reposted, so it seems the Lord was not only speaking this to me, but to others as well. I am sometimes faced with opportunities to remember what someone did in the past, and hold it against them. The past week a couple of occasions have risen where I have been tempted to draw back to past hurts. But I remember what Jesus said, and what the bible teaches. I must forgive, and I must love. To fail to do so hurts me, holds me back. It is a conscious choice I make, it is not necessarily what I feel or want to do.

Lord, help me to love and to share your love, in all situations!

No comments: