Thursday, April 30, 2009

Listen to thyself

I preached a pretty good little sermon Wednesday night, if I do say so myself. I waxed eloquent as I spoke of the need to look at every situation in life with a positive affirmation of the ability of God to work on our behalf. I am sure God was impressed with the sermon:) It was uplifting and challenging.

Upon arriving home, my wife told me I need to listen to my own sermons. She went on to express that if I would take my own counsel, I would avoid the negative complaining that sometimes proceeds from my lips.

Ooouch! That hurt, lol. But I needed it. Trish is right. I need to be reminded sometimes of the very things I teach others. I got the message, from her. It was to listen to myself. Take heed to the words God has given me. They will work, not only for those I am called to lead, but for me as well.

I posted her comments to me on Facebook and Twitter. Got a lot of comments, some from other pastor's wives. Seems there are others who have the same problem.

Y'all be blessed!

No comments: