Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thankful for the team

I am so glad to be connected to such a great church family. Our team has stood beside us during the recent passing of my dad. They have gone the extra mile and then some in comforting us and strengthening us during this time. I couldn't have asked, nor expected what they have done. Their heart of love to us has been a tremendous source of strength. Trish and I are so blessed to have them by our side.

As I sit here this evening unwinding from everything that has transpired this week, a team from the church is visiting the first church I served as pastor. It is nearby here. The youth team will perform a dance/drama skit, and our youth pastor will preach. I know they will do a great job. I had intended to go and support them. But I have simply ran out of steam and am sitting at home. I love those guys, and am praying for them. I know they will represent New Harvest well.

We had an awesome service this morning. I know the Lord gave me strength to preach. It was the first service since dad passed away. Mom was there, I know it was hard on her. God was with us, and the service went well. We observed communion, and I preached. I asked Trish, my wife, a few minutes ago if I did communion correctly. I remember taking it, don't remember what I said. Everything is sort of blurry right now.

I know I am rambling. I just wanted to say, Thank you, New Harvest Church family, for standing with us. God has given us a special church family. I love you guys. Thanks also to all our family and friends, and other churches. You guys have stood by us and with us, and we are so blessed to have you in our lives.

We love you!

No comments: