Friday, April 24, 2009

Owww!

I had a really big scare last week. My blood pressure ran up to a dangerously high level. The combination of my excess weight, pressures of ministry, and family needs together probably contributed to it. And my family has a history of high blood pressure.

I decided it was time to do something about it. I talked about going on a diet the first of the year, but did not do so. I have continued to add on weight. Trish and I had gone on a diet 3 years ago. At the time, I lost 50 pounds. The problem has been since then I have put on 60. Once I got off the diet, I went right back to the old pattern of excessive eating. And my problem is sweets.

Joined the YMCA this week, and have started doing some workouts. Those, plus an extra busy schedule at church has contributed to an aching body.

I hope in the future you will be seeing less of me, physically. But it will be a process and not an instantaneous thing. To all of you out there who are attempting to get your weight under control, I feel for you... all over my aching body. And I am craving chocolate :)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Pastor Ronnie.. You know about my episode, where I ended up at the hospital, sure I was having a heart attack, right? I started praying about a way to lose weight, with a heavy Biblical focus. I started searching the net, and came upon "The Lord's Table", through Setting the Captives Free. I've lost six pounds in the first week, and I'm really looking at the WHY I'm overeating. You may want to check that out yourself. I'm rooting for you. You friend and sister in Christ...

Rebecca said...

Oh, yeah,, and about the chocolate, just get some hershey kisses,,, semi-sweet chocolate. They have anti-oxidants in them, and I just take the most of three a day -- and just suck on them like a cough drop to get the chocolate that I crave, and hardly the calories (a serving size is nine)

Pastor Ronnie Robbins said...

Thanks Rebecca. I think you may have had the hospital stay during the time my dad had gone back to the hospital. I remember reading about it, but am not sure, it may have been after the fact, and I don't remember what had happened. I know a combination of things have contributed to my problem. In addition to dealing with dad's passing, the stress of finances and problems at the church, plus additional ones in the fam. I just know God has too much for me to accomplish to not take care of myself, so I am trying to reel in bad habits that have become a lifestyle. Thanks for the input, I will check it out.