Wednesday, May 28, 2008

CONFESSIONS OF A PASTOR

I don't know why, but I feel compelled to make some confessions to you today. No, not the kind of positive faith filled ones, but the ones that "spill the beans" on my life. I want to warn you in advance that some of you may question my ability to lead a pentecostal/charismaniac, er, I mean charismatic church after this. Nevertheless, I need to "cleanse my soul" as the old saying goes, so here it is-- in no certain order of importance.

1. I watched American Idol on TV. I don't know why I've been so hooked, I really don't listen to the music they sing, but I have a strong competitive urge, so I tend to enjoy contests.

2. Same with Can You Duet?, which is now airing on one of the country music channels. Although I no longer listen to country music, back in my younger days when all the kids my age were listening to rock, I was listening to Conway and Loretta.

3. I cry at sad movies. Please don't tell my friends about this, as I don't want them to question my masculinity.

4. I didn't go on the diet I had planned to at the first of the year. I know you noticed, and I noticed you noticing.

5. My dear friend, Pastor Joey Turner and I like to "beat" each other... again, it's the competitive juices we have. We did the go cart thing at one of the fun tracks a few years ago, and he beat me. But I slowed down so that I would be in front of him, and had one of my guys take a picture, with my hand held up showing a 1. We put it on the overhead and I claimed I had won. But in reality I didn't. He almost lapped me. The reason I bring this up after several years have passed is that we continue to rehearse it as if it were yesterday, and I feel I must come clean. I must get this load off me, but only to you. *If Pastor Joey finds out, it will be another 5 years of constant bragging. He doesn't read blogs, nor emails. I am not sure he even reads at all. So if he finds out about my confessional, I will know you told him.

That's it for today. No more confessions for another day or so. I hope you don't disown me for not being so perfect. But I must tell you, I feel a hundred pounds lighter now. Maybe I won't have to worry about that diet after all.

Be Blessed,
Pastor Ronnie


*Upon thinking about this "confession" I decided I might need to follow up on this particular one. Pastor Joey Turner and I are dearest friends. Our hearts are knit, and I would never do anything or say anything to dishonor him. This blog is just an attempt to inject some humor into my world, and to the readers of my blog. However, I realize that not all those who read know me personally, so I wanted to address this particular comment.

No comments: