Thursday, May 8, 2008

THE HACKERS ARE COMING

I don't know how they do it... and I really don't know why. I guess they get some kind of kick out of infiltratring a computer or program and messing some things up. It happened to me, or to the church website today. I just noticed it, and am not sure how long it was there.

At the bottom of the home page I have a video from youtube. There are about a dozen songs loaded there. I figured someone might want some good worship music as they checked us out, and so I put it there. I change the songs occasionally, but haven't done so in several weeks.

I'm sitting here, getting ready to look some things up on the internet. The church website, www.newharvestonline.com is my home page. So when it came up, I saw an odd looking sight at the bottom where the youtube is. I am not sure who it was. It was apparently some rap singer or something, but I didn't take time to check it out. It was more than likely nasty, but I didn't take time to see. I frantically went to my youtube account to see if anything had changed there. No, nothing had changed. It was someone hacking directly into my website software. How they did it, I do not know. I hurriedly went to the program for editing, and had begun the process, when, mysteriously, the youtube was back to normal.

I guess some nerd/genius got a good laugh. Ha, ha. You did it. I bow to your nerdity and to your lack of conscience for messing around a God thing. You see, our website is more than about what we do. It is 41 pages of ministry, activities, fun, fellowship, God.

So, the next time you see something that looks weird or ugly... It's probably some hacker sitting somewhere getting a good laugh.

The good news is that God loves hackers. He'll forgive you for intruding on another's property and stealing their material to put yours there. We forgive you, too.

That's it for tonight-
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: