Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Today is Mother's Day. I want to wish every mom a very special day. The celebration of Mother's Day is a tradition that began 100 years ago in a church in Virginia. I kid my wife that mother's day is a religious holiday that is second only to Christmas and Easter. The fact is, moms should be honored. A day set aside to do so is very appropriate, but as my blogging buddy Pastor Manning Strickland says, we should honor mothers every day.

I am thankful for my mom. Mom is an inspiration to me, and to my two brothers and sisters. She is also a blessing to the church, and to all who know her. I am also appreciative of the mother of my children. Trish is the most precious woman in the world. God gave me a precious gift when He blessed me with her. She is truly a Proverbs 31 woman.

We went by and saw Trish's mom yesterday. It was not the visit that Trish and I enjoy. Mary passed away nine years ago. Celebrating mother's day is a little difficult for those whose moms are no longer with us. So, as we celebrate our mothers, let us pause to remember those passed on.

I hope all moms today have a blessed day!

Pastor Ronnie

No comments: