Saturday, May 3, 2008

FAITH, FAMILY, AND FRIENDS

These things are precious to me... My faith, my family, and my friends

My faith in a God who loved me so much He gave His only son to die for my sins. I love the Lord, He has been so good to me! I don't know how people make it without Jesus, especially in times like these. God has brought me through so many things. The old hymn, Amazing Grace, says it so well... through many dangers, toils and snares, I have already come. Tis grace has brought me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home. I am glad that I am saved by faith, and not my works.

My family is everything to me. The Lord has blessed me with the most precious and beautiful wife in the world. God knew I would need someone who could put up with me, help me, and stand along beside me. He gave me a Proverbs 31 woman. And I am thankful for my kids. We have 4 beautiful kids, 3 sons and a daughter. They are blessings to us. Sometimes I forget to tell them. I love them with all my heart. And that grandson, Zach. He stole my heart, somehow, from the day he was announced. And when he was born until this day, 4 years later, he has been my best friend. Family is important. I love and thank God for my mom and dad. They are wonderful people, and I love my sisters and brothers.

My friends are vital to me. I thank God for relationships in my life. They are people of faith, they are extended family, and they are my friends. My church family is there for me. I enjoy being a pastor to them, and I enjoy their friendship. Just as valuable and vital are others who, although not in our church family, and important to us. We laugh together, have fun, and yes, sometimes cry on one another's shoulders. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to just be ourselves.

I don't know why, I just got a little sentimental this afternoon. I wanted to say these things. I am so blessed to have my faith, my family, and my friends.

YOU MAY BE GOING THROUGH SOMETHING TODAY, AND FEEL ALL ALONE. YOU MAY THINK NO ONE CARES. I WANT TO ENCOURAGE YOU. GOD LOVES YOU, AND WE LOVE YOU. HANG IN THERE, YOU CAN MAKE IT. IF YOU NEED US, GIVE US A CALL.


Your faith filled family member and friend,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: