Wednesday, December 24, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!



May you have a blessed Christmas as you celebrate the birth of our savior, and spend time with your family. I enjoy all the things which traditionally go along with the season. Yes, I realize that some of the things we do have no biblical foundation. For example, we do not know the actual date of Christ's birth. And the story as we tell it in our Christmas plays is somewhat inaccurate. By the time the wise men arrived to where Jesus was, he was probably two or three years old. And I know that our observance of Santa Clause and gifts under the tree bother some of you.

To all of that, I say, "Bah, Humbug." I am not going to let you rain on my parade. I enjoy everything about this holiday, including the opening of gifts, the Christmas tree and lights, and even old Saint Nick.

Zach, my four year old grandson, told my wife Trish that he wanted us to get Jesus a birthday cake. So we have one. Tomorrow, when our family gathers around to open gifts, we will have dinner, and afterwards we will cut the cake, and wish Jesus a Happy Birthday.

I know Jesus will enjoy his birthday. Although some of the things we do on his day are not really about them, I have a feeling he enjoys them- like families gathering together, sharing, loving, and enjoying one another. I believe he is blessed when we are blessed.

In the Robbins household, we will open the presents, eat a big dinner, and cut some cake. We will take plenty of pictures. And if we forget, (we won't), there's a four year old that will make sure we sing Happy Birthday to Jesus!

Although I do not know everyone who reads my posts, I love you. I hope you have a blessed and Merry Christmas.

Pastor Ronnie


No comments: