Monday, December 15, 2008

HOUSE DESTROYED BY FIRE

December 15, 1976... The headlines of the local paper told the story of a house which burned to the ground of Rev. Ronnie Robbins. Trish and I had just moved into the little house in Henrietta. We were not at home at the time of the fire, and had only been gone about one hour when we returned to find it completely destroyed. The fire department was still there, and many people of the community had gathered around.

I remember pulling up into the driveway. Everything we owned was in the house, including what Christmas presents we had already purchased for the two kids we had at the time. Things which money could not replace like family pictures were gone up in smoke. The only thing spared was the clothes on our back. We had no insurance on the house, so when someone says they lost everything, that pictures us.

We were young in the faith, and I remember pulling up into the drive and speaking blessings and scriptures of faith. John 10:10, 1 John 4:4, Romans 8:37 came to my mind, and I spoke them as I prayed. I remember it just like it was yesterday.

I am glad to tell you that we were able to make it through that difficult time in our life. It wasn't easy, but God helped us. And through the years, He has been faithful to help us in other times of hardship and crisis. From death to disease to disappointment, He has always been there.

I can't promise you that you will not face pain and disappointment. What I can promise you is that God will see you through.

Blessings,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: